Run the "LICKEY" job using the steps below to refresh licensing on your LPAR.
- Run WRKJOBJS
- Locate the "LICKEY" job and type 7 for the Opt, then press enter
- Press enter again to go to next page
- Press F5 from the on-screen function keys to execute the script
- You should see the LICKEY in process and wait for it to complete.
Once the job has completed, you can use call qsfwinv to bring up your VM's software inventory, and then press F11 to view license statuses.
Please note, the LICKEY job is configured by default to run daily at midnight UTC. If your LPAR is not running at that time, this job may not run and update your licensing reliably. To ensure that your licensing is updated regularly, you may want to edit or recreate that job so that it runs at a time that your LPAR is running. You can find steps for creating that job in our Help and Documentation article "Installing IBM i licenses in Skytap."
- Installing IBM i licenses in Skytap: https://help.skytap.com/kb-ibmi-installing-licenses.html