If you have forgotten the QSECOFR password, you can reset it to its initial value using Skytap's Hardware Settings user interface for your LPAR.
Reset QSECOFR password
- Make sure your VM is running
- On the Environment Details page, click on the gear icon for the IBM i LPAR to edit the VM hardware settings
- Scroll down to the Services option in the VM & Guest OS section, then click on Activate dedicated service tools
- When you see Activation sent, access the VM in the SRA browser session and log in using the DST credentials (QSECOFR/QSECOFR).
- Once logged into DST, select option 5: Work with DST Environment
- Select option 4: Service Tools Security Data
- Select option 1: Reset Operating System default password
- Press Enter to confirm and then F12 to exit
- Exit out of DST
- Shutdown and restart the LPAR
- Log in as QSECOFR, password QSECOFR
- Use the CHGPWD command to change the QSECOFR password to a new value.
Note: This article assumes that you know, or have not changed the DST password.
- Resetting the QSECOFR user profile password in 7.4: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?topic=passwords-resetting-qsecofr-user-profile-password
- How to change an expired SST/DST password: https://help.skytap.com/faq-ibmi.html#networking
Article is closed for comments.